Monday, September 20, 2010

Smoke by Day, Fire by Night

As I said in the last blog, we are getting ready for a move. I would love to tell you that we bought our first boughten home here in Maui, but alas! That would be a fib. We are moving because our landlords decided to being her parents in from Vancouver, Canada to live here. This came after we told them that our income was struggling, so could we - instead of a year-long lease - go month-to-month. They seemed completely agreeable at first, but then changed their minds - in a very big way. So, we are out of here by the 30th of this month. I would love to say that we have a great place to move to. Well, I'm quite sure that God has and awesome place for us...He just hasn't told us, yet... So, we follow, like well-tanned Israelites, we follow the pillars of smoke and fire - and pray that it doesn't take us forty years to find a permanent home! We do have a lead for another home in the complex we are in. It's a bit larger than this, and it has been standing vacant for a year. It has also been on the market for that year, and we know that this guy has to be hurting. So, we are proposing to him that we become his live-in stagers! We figure it's a great situation for him, to ease the suction sound of this lovely money pit. Of course, it would be wonderful for us to not have to put FloJo in a kennel while we stay in a vacation condo while waiting for an appropriate rental to come available. But, I have to keep reminding myself that God's timing is PERFECT!!

Today was a bit sad. I was packing up the office (Herculean at the very least) and it was time for FloJo's evening walk. Don hadn't come home form his open house, yet, so we hung out at this little bench under a beautiful plumeria tree on a little island in the middle of the street. We watched the rain creep through the mountains until we saw a rainbow grow in the mist. I'll never get tired of rainbows almost every day! We sat under the tree, inhaling its perfume and feeling the light tiny drops of the afternoon trade shower. It was sweet and lovely - and it nearly broke my heart. Oh, I know that there are trade showers and rainbows and plumeria trees all over this island, but this has been home for a year, now. I can't look at this particular little bench without seeing in my mind our son, Kyle, sitting with his daughter, Amber, the day before they were to leave for their home in Temecula. But, again, I must remember that God knows what He is doing! That obedience thing is tricky, but I think patience is trickier! And now we have to demonstrate both of these components of faith.

I'm keeping this short - for me - since I have to hit the sack and prepare for our meeting tomorrow about the other house. Actually, it's already tomorrow on the mainland...oh, you know what I mean!!

God bless ALL of our paths!!

No comments:

Post a Comment